The Santa Clara Safe Routes to School Program is teaming up with the City of Santa Clara, the Santa Clara Unified School District, and VTA to launch an exciting poster contest for students, grades K-8, in the City of Santa Clara.
Starting March 15th 2013, students will be encouraged to submit posters that represent the goals of the Safe Routes to School program: making it safer, easier, and more fun to walk, bike, or take transit to and from school. Submissions will be accepted until March 29th 2013.
Download our contest form and start drawing today!
Grand Prize: Your Poster on the Bus!
Show us what Safe Routes to School means to you and win great prizes:
- Safe Routes to School gear, including pencils, stickers, bracelets, sunglasses, and more
- Grand prize winners will have their posters featured on VTA buses and light rail trains around the county
- Grand prize winners will receive an official commendation from the Santa Clara City Council
Create a poster you feel best represents one of the four Safe Routes to School themes:
- Walk, bike, or take VTA bus or train to school and beat the traffic
- VTA bus or train is an easy way to get to school
- Protect your head – wear a helmet when riding your bike
- Walk to school, the environment will thank you
- The poster should have the text of the selected theme written on it.
- The poster must be hand-drawn. No computer art or photographs included.
- Submitted posters will not be returned to students after the contest ends.
- Poster deadline is March 29th, 2013. Submit at your school or mail to:
City of Santa Clara
1500 Warburton Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Poster contest forms will be available on our website soon. Please check back later in the week for more details.